Monday, March 23, 2009

Rick Mercer's Apology To America


I am truly regretful and I apologize without reservation for the torrent of ridicule and mockery I have poured on you over the years, America. I realize now, too late I admit, that my antics have been those of a puerile ingrate.

Your country's blood and treasure have ensured my country's security and allowed us to spend our money on, well, the CBC for one thing, which has allowed me to avoid fulfilling the yearbook prediction:
"Most likely to be working at Walmart 20 years from now".

My gratuitous stereotyping displayed a deep ignorance of the US and its citizens and only helped fuel the mindless anti-Americanism that is one of the least appealing aspects of my country's rather pathetic
Huh? What's that? I dreamed that? It didn't happen?
Well, then why did this guy apologize?


http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/News/world/2009/03/24/8860806-sun.html

After all, turnabout is fair play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha!!

I just finished a blog about the very same thing. Glad to see I am not the only one with an issue regarding this outrage. Well done.