Saturday, March 23, 2013

When Even a Lefty Brit is Catching On ...

UK Deputy PM Nick Clegg punches himself after blurting "wogs" during presser

Lefty David Goodhart in the Mail Online:


... gradually, I have changed my mind.


Over 18 months of touring the country to talk to people about their lives for a new book, I have discovered minority Britons thriving more than many liberals suppose possible. But I also saw the mess of division and conflict we have got ourselves into in other places.

I am now convinced that public opinion is right and Britain has had too much immigration too quickly.
For 30 years, the Left has blinded itself with sentiment about diversity. But we got it wrong. ...

Well, better far too late than never, Dave. Right? 

Pillock.

Of course, for "immigration" we could sub any number of issues and the piece would still be oh so true, n'est pas? 


h/t Blazing Cat Fur

No comments: